Need to reinstall XP - how do I migrate Outlook?

CypressTree

2[H]4U
I'm thinking about reinstalling my XP Pro installation, which I've been running for the past 1.5 years. Lately, strange things have been occuring (random Explorer crashes, System Restore went on the blink, and problems with WMP). It's not a virus, as I've done multiple scans with multiple tools.

I think it's about time I reinstalled XP, and I'm in the process of backing up all of my docs in preparation for it. One question I have is this: What is the best way to back up my e-mail in Outlook Express (including folders) so that when after I reinstall, all of my old e-mails can be migrated over?

Thanks in advance for the help, folks! :)

backup the files in

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{44227F00-1795-4E12-9F52-4960DBE61B30}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

then in the new xp installation, open outlook express, then exit (so it creates the proper folders), then copy the files to the same place:

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{44227F00-1795-4E12-9F52-4960DBE61B30}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

Back