need to connect 16 computers to a single wireless access point for a day. W2K3

batteriesnotincluded

[H]ard|Gawd
So, in my company's infinite wisdom, they've stuck me in the back room on Black Friday to set up computers.

4 computers with 4 port KVms. So, 16 desktops, + unknown number of laptops. They're not willing to run any cables to connect it to our T1.

So, I've said I could probably set something up in Windows 2003 with my laptop. Gigabit Ethernet set up for DHCP, which I know how to do already. But, I need to bridge the ethernet with a 54G wireless card.

Anything special to do this? Any foreseeable problems? The alternative is getting a dozen wireless cards for a 1 time project, and I think I can have an easier time getting a 16 port switch than I can those cards.

System that will be sacrificed for this endeavor is the HP nc4000 in sig.

I'm not sure how to go about it in 2k3, but in XP you could just share the wireless and XP will dish out DHCP on the gigabit NIC. But bridging would probably work as well.

Bridge the connections and then set the wireless up as a ad-hoc network.

But I could see a problem with 16 computers connected to a single card. :(

Bridge the connections and then set the wireless up as a ad-hoc network.

But I could see a problem with 16 computers connected to a single card. :(

As long as there is only 1 card (host) associated with the ap, there should be no problems with radio time contention.

I routinely see APs run 35, and upwards of 90 concurrent wireless connections. It gets very slow, but still works.

Back