Need to buy a 1050 Watt power supply, I think.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Well, I ordered this but I can still cancel since it will not ship until tomorrow: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151110 This is what I have right now: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001830

I have a Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro + and an FX 8300 at 4.5 Ghz at 1.440v. The only time I see anything above 800 Watt, and that is only slighty above, is when I am playing Crysis 3, nothing else seems to push the system as hard.

What do you guys think: Replace the power supply or just downclock my processor? Oh, and the system did shut off and restart after 15 minutes into the game. (Basically, screen went black and the system started up like I just hit the power button, no BSOD or hard crash.

The only 850 watt gold PSUs that're appreciably cheaper than that 1050 watt is a Thermaltake and Rosewill. I would just stick with the 1050, if only from a value perspective.

Seasonic makes great PSUs, can't go wrong with them. My rule of thumb is to size the PSU to 80% of your needed capacity.

yep if your box uses 80% of power supply total, that is the sweet spot for efficiency of the power supply for the most part.

And yeah Seasonic makes excellent PSU's.

Oh, I installed the power supply about 2 weeks ago and it is going strong. I also made sure that I put away the other power supply and all it's cables first so I did not mix up anything. Nice that things just work. :)

Oh, I installed the power supply about 2 weeks ago and it is going strong. I also made sure that I put away the other power supply and all it's cables first so I did not mix up anything. Nice that things just work. :)

I picked up the same one when it was on the Hot Deals, never owned a Seasonic, but damn was I impressed when I opened the box. I didn't really need it persay, but my wife needed an upgrade to run my old 7970, and I couldn't pass on that price.

Back