Need to borrow a processor...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 88227

So I've been trying to put together another rig for folding. Found a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H w/ 940 and some RAM that I picked up for relatively cheap. Purchased a PSU and found out it didn't have the right connectors, so while I was waiting for the right connector to come in (Needed an 8PIN motherboard connection, PSU only had 4PIN) I found someone wanting to buy my processor and at the same time I found a 1090T that I could afford to buy. So I bought the 1090T and sold my processor. The 1090T just came in today and I've booted it up, only to find out that the GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H is running BIOS Version F6. I need version F7C for the 1090T.

Starting to see what kind of pickle I am in now? Yeah me too. I thought I had a Brisbane 3600+ that I could boot, but apparently I already sold it and didn't even know. Still searching however.

So does anyone have a CPU I could borrow so I can get this thing flashed?

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3003

I can use any CPU supported by F6 or lower. :eek:

My heatware is under Skillz for reference.

edit
found the email, i did sell the 3600 already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have something to send you. How would you want it shipped and where are you located? PM me....

Buy my brand new Sabertooth 990FX. Much better match for your 1090T.

Too late now, but technically 4-pin CPU connector from the PSU would work fine. The 8-pin is only needed for high-draw usage, like heavy overclocking. The second set of 4 is run off the same rail anyway (assuming multi-rail PSU), so it's only there for higher amperage.

Too late now, but technically 4-pin CPU connector from the PSU would work fine. The 8-pin is only needed for high-draw usage, like heavy overclocking. The second set of 4 is run off the same rail anyway (assuming multi-rail PSU), so it's only there for higher amperage.

I got an adapter that converts the 4pin to 8pin; I also plan to see what kind of stable overclocks I can get on air with this. The higher I can get, the more PPD it can do.

I'd just order something and return it

As a retail employee who deals with returns I have to shake my head at you lol. This is why stores like mine charge a minimum 5% restock fee. For CPU's I usually charge 10% if the thermal compound on the fan is gone.

Ya might try calling around to local shops.. I had this same thing pop up a while back & the nearest shop to me did it for 10 bucks. Given no waiting & no payng for shipping it was well worth it. They used there everything with my Mobo so it was completely painless..

Ya might try calling around to local shops.. I had this same thing pop up a while back & the nearest shop to me did it for 10 bucks. Given no waiting & no payng for shipping it was well worth it. They used there everything with my Mobo so it was completely painless..

That's a good idea, and what I would charge at work.

Kyle is a stand-up gentleman, albeit a cheater when it comes to steakhouses. :D

...Don't get me started...

Spill the juicy steakhouse details....

as for the buy it and return it guy, you sir, are part of the reason for restocking fees and RMA denials. :rolleyes:

Not yet, but one is on it's way. Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back