Need to blackout 2nd monitor while watching movie

rahavsmt

Gawd
Is there a program that can blackout the 2nd screen monitor without actually turning it off through the control panel or turning it off manually?

I have to do this for a CRT while using my projector. My quick and easy solution was to create a black image (any size will do) and slap a shortcut to it on the desktop. Double clicking loads it in IrfanView. Double clicking the image inside IrfanView makes it fullscreen on that display.

What's wrong with just turning it off manually while watching the movie? Seems it would be alot easier than trying to find something else that would black it out.

I have to do this for a CRT while using my projector. My quick and easy solution was to create a black image (any size will do) and slap a shortcut to it on the desktop. Double clicking loads it in IrfanView. Double clicking the image inside IrfanView makes it fullscreen on that display.

That works great for CRTs, but not for your typical LCD which displays a dark gray image instead of black.

I would love to find a program that could send the second monitor into power-save mode, but Windows itself only supports the concept of all or nothing.

Back