Need to access a terminated employee's email, can I allow another user to do so?

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
An employee was terminated but may have received email since; is there a way that I can transfer any email she may have to another user? Note, the user has been disabled (but not deleted) in Active Directory.

sorry, almost forgot, exchange 2003 and outlook 2003

thanks!

I think as long as it's business related and going to a superior, it is acceptable.

I believe my company does it all the time, they simply make the persons mailbox available to the other users who need it.

It's important especially when legal documents are being sent to that person still.

I've always removed the SMTP entry from the disabled user's AD properties and added it to the new receivers SMTP entry. I think the tab in properties is called email. I'm not sure. It has been a little while since I have used exchange 2003 on an AD. This will forward all mail that is sent to the disabled users account go to the new users account. For past email you will need to share the mailbox.

Yes, you can.

In the AD users & computers panel, give the new user permissions on the mailbox (under Exchange Advanced I believe)

You can also set it up to forward all new mail to that person to someone else.

That's how we handle term'd employees here. the manager gets access to the mailbox and new e-mails get forwarded to them as well.

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how I could forward all incoming mail to two(2) individuals?

We have a termed employee that was kind of a multipurpose employee, and being such I have to supervisors that need to monitor any future email.

I can forward to one or the other, just not both?

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how I could forward all incoming mail to two(2) individuals?

We have a termed employee that was kind of a multipurpose employee, and being such I have to supervisors that need to monitor any future email.

I can forward to one or the other, just not both?

Create a DL and forward the account to it - Exchange 2003

At the risk of sounding like an idiot. DL?

distribution list

another alternative is to make a mail enabled public folder and have their e-mails go there.

We used to do that, but people got lazy and stopped checking them. (thus filling up storage space)

Back