• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need tips on cleaning my laptop ..

ahmadka

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
136
Hey all .. So I've been using that laptop for just over a year and I think my laptops asking for some cleaning .. I also have plans to maybe sell off this laptop and get a newer machine .. I plan to clean it as much as possible so that it looks almost new, if possible ..

So the following are some pictures of my laptop .. Kindly suggest to me what supplies I would need for the cleaning and what procedures I should follow .. Please don't simply refer me to some generalized Youtube video regarding laptop cleaning as such videos don't address all aspects of cleaning .. For example, how do I clean the speaker section just above the media bar buttons (this whole panel of little dots) ..

Thanks in advance people .. :)

dsc04510t.jpg

dsc04517a.jpg

dsc04522d.jpg

dsc04524.jpg

dsc04525e.jpg

dsc04527g.jpg

dsc04529x.jpg

dsc04532.jpg

dsc04533v.jpg

dsc04538.jpg
 
Holy cow, how did you let it get that dirty? Get some lint free, microfiber cloth and damp it. That should get it clean, use compressed air to get debris out from around the keys.
 
Get a microfiber cloth, some cotton swabs (Q-tips), a can (or more) of compressed air, a bottle of 90% (or greater) isopropyl alcohol, and an old (soft tip) toothbrush.

Use the cloth and some water to wipe the exterior and the LCD screen.

Use the compressed air and toothbrush to get hard-to-reach areas. (Don't forget to open up the back of the laptop and get all of the dust out from inside.) To get most of the crud out from underneath the keyboard, you may need to pop a few keys out.

Use the cotton swabs and the rubbing alcohol to get oil and grease from the keyboard and touchpad area.

The toothbrush (dipped in a bit of alcohol) should do a good job cleaning the speaker "grill."

You don't really need to do anything fancy to clean the laptop. You'll simply have to spend a little time and use a lot of elbow grease.
 
Use/borrow a small (not too powerful!!!!) air compressor...... if not buy a can of air at walmart or officemax in the office supply section. It's a white can that shoots air for this specific cleaning purpose.

Then either use a BARELY WET tissue to clean dirt..... or they sell pre-wetted sheets of cloth (should be right near the can of air at the stores) that are used to clean electronics and LCD screens.

I don't know about the 1st pic though.... with the black dots, that looks permanent / chipped paint. You'll have to repaint that by the looks of it??
 
Although I agree with all the suggestions for a microfiber cloth, I've found that a chamois does a better job at cleaning more vigorously without abrasion to the device. You can buy them for cheap (cheaper than a similarly sized microfiber cloth) from the automotive section of your local target/walmart/etc.
 
lol .. yeah krispy kreme are awesome .. :D

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, sorry it took me a while to post back ..

If possible, can you recommend me some exact items to buy from Amazon ... ? This is just so I dont end up buying something wrong .. I'd like product recommendations for anything you've had good experience with before .. compressed cans, microfibre cloth, etc .. also the alcohol liquid thing .. if you can point me to some items from Amazon lets say, I'd be very grateful ..
 
Dude, all you really need is...

Get a microfiber cloth, some cotton swabs (Q-tips), a can (or more) of compressed air, a bottle of 90% (or greater) isopropyl alcohol, and an old (soft tip) toothbrush.

If you really want something to buy from Amazon, check out this thread.
 
Back
Top