Need: TES 4: Oblivion Registry Key

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone willing to upload their Oblivion's registry key so I can compare it with the one I made? I copied my whole Oblivion directory before reformatting so I wouldn't have to reinstall anything, especially my mods, but TES4LODGen is giving me an error that it cannot find the registry key. I created a key, but same error occurs.

If all else fails, I'll just reinstall I suppose.

Last edited:
Strange, I have it installed but couldn't find "BETHESDA" anywhere.

This is the location people state it is in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks

Found Bethesda Softworks under my wow6432node inside the directory that you posted.

Don't know too much bout reg keys but under Bethesda Softworks its just got the (Default) that everything has.

Under Bethesda Softworks is Oblivion which has default + Installed Path which has a reg value of my oblivion directory, type REG_SZ.

Under Oblivion is 1.00.0000 which just has default in it.

I have no idea what 1.00.0000 is but I think I have version 1.2 so its prolly not the version number.

Hope that helped.

Found Bethesda Softworks under my wow6432node inside the directory that you posted.

Don't know too much bout reg keys but under Bethesda Softworks its just got the (Default) that everything has.

Under Bethesda Softworks is Oblivion which has default + Installed Path which has a reg value of my oblivion directory, type REG_SZ.

Under Oblivion is 1.00.0000 which just has default in it.

I have no idea what 1.00.0000 is but I think I have version 1.2 so its prolly not the version number.

Hope that helped.

Thanks as I am quite sure you solved it! It seems that every forum that had people asking, and thus answering, this question only had a 32-bit OS. Unless wow6432node is something different than what I assume it is. See, I was following what those people were posting, which stated that the location was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks, not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\Bethesda Softworks. Now to go test it out. Thanks again! :)

Edit: Yep, it works now. :D

\wow6432node is where x64 OS's redirect 32-bit applications when they deal with the registry.

Back