Need suggestions, too much draw...

Ludic

2[H]4U
I'm currently running the build in my sig, and I've run into a problem where if I attempt to open Steam Achievements while TF2 is running, then my machine powers off immediately. When I built the system, I didn't have two video cards (driving three monitors/physics) or 8 GB of RAM. I'm thinking that the machine is attempting to draw too much from my Corsair HX620W and causing the power off (I'm connected to a UPS).

Short of buying a brand new power supply (as I don't think I could sell the one I have easily), what are my options? Or is my problem somewhere else? The system runs flawlessly otherwise.

Any constructive suggestions?

You definitely shouldn't be using enough power to trip the OCP on your PSU. In fact, you're probably nowhere near its power limits. Try disconnecting some fans, HDs, etc. like TheGamerZ suggested and see if the problem goes away. If it does, the PSU may be defective.

Someone I know has the same exact problem. Whenever he tries to get the the achievements menu in TF2, his computer freezes for a second, and then powers off.

Try contacting steam support.

Upon talking to Ludic further, it seems to happen with any source game. And it only happens mid game. So I'm thinking something else must be up.

Back