Need suggestions on cooling!

Gam3theory

n00b
Hey all, just picked up an i7-4790k and Asus z97ar. Ordering a NZXT h440 soon and need to get aftermarket cooling I guess.

My current thoughts:

I'm deciding between Arctic freezer i30(CO/non CO), Hyper 212 EVO and Corsair h80i refurb. All are around the same price range.

I haven't seen any love for arctic cooling even though they always seemed to make great products, so its hard to find temps.

Corsair h80i has leakage problems, seems to be loud or have pump failures...

Hyper 212 EVO seems louder than the Arctic freezer I30.

Other suggestions are welcome. Even though I have an overclocking ready setup, I probably won't.

Akasa Nero 3. I have this and a 212 evo and the nero is a couple of degrees cooler and a fair bit quieter too. It's good for a mild overclock I'd say.

I wouldn't even consider a H80 refurb. Keep in mind where all those H80s came from to be refurbed .. and if new coolers being sold as refurbs, why? .. Is it for a much shorter 1 year warranty instead of the normal 5 year one?

Budget and where you live would be helpful. There are some very good air coolers in the $50 range.

Elsie: Tigerdirect/Newegg doesn't have Akasa?
doyll: Yea the refurbs are scary and not having piece of mind is not worth it lol.

I ended up going with the Arctic Freezer i30, since I wanted something quieter than the Evo 212.

Bought it with the case at Tigerdirect for the extra 30 bucks off!

Elsie: Tigerdirect/Newegg doesn't have Akasa?
doyll: Yea the refurbs are scary and not having piece of mind is not worth it lol.

I ended up going with the Arctic Freezer i30, since I wanted something quieter than the Evo 212.

Bought it with the case at Tigerdirect for the extra 30 bucks off!

You realize that if you don't like the 212 evo with the stock fan it's quite trivial to replace it with something quieter, right? It'll take most any standard 120mm fan.

Back