• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need suggestion on HSF for e8400.

I got the BigTyphoon with fan speed adjustment and works awsome on the rig on mi sig
My 8400 @ 3.6 idles at 20ºc and full load 35ºc

I also used Tuniq MX2 thermal paste
 
I don't know why this question still gets asked. There is one cooler that is still the best, period. Why would you spend $50 on anything other than the best out there?

Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
 
And if $50 is too much, the Xigmatec has basically the same performance for a few less bucks.
 
I have the Arctic cooler 7 in my rig now and am a bit disappointed with it.
I can only overclock my E8400 to 3.8 ghz before my temps start getting over 70C under 100% full load.

I think with a better cooler I could do over 4.0 ghz easily.
 
I have the Arctic cooler 7 in my rig now and am a bit disappointed with it.
I can only overclock my E8400 to 3.8 ghz before my temps start getting over 70C under 100% full load.
Uh... I think something's wrong. Mine only got to ~60C at 3.8 with the stock HSF. Tried reapplying thermal paste?
 
Go with the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. A bit more expensive than the ACF7, but worth every penny.
 
Back
Top