• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Speakers/Card

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
Right now I have a CL Live 5.1 PCI Card that I have been using for the past couple years and I am very pleased with it. I have a small room and decided that I want to get a set of 5.1 speakers and the Logitech X-530's seem to have great reviews. I can get em for about $50 online. I am also thinking about getting another sound card. I don't want anything over about $50, maybe less. I may not even get a card but just wait till the X-Fi's drop in price.

I have a small room, very small. Go with the X-530's? Wait or go ahead and get another card?
 
Speakers will make a much bigger difference than sound card IMHO. A sblive isn't that bad..
 
Well, at this level, yeah. The Live! sucks but Logitech speakers suck equally, so they're a good match for each other :). If you're going no higher up the speaker chain than cheap Logitechs, there's no need to get a better soundcard.
 
I agree with adam. No speakers for that price are good. Cut your losses and get some KOSS-KS75's for 18 bucks shipped. They will destroy any speakers in that price range and they are cheaper too.
 
Back
Top