• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some water cooling kit recommendations

p0intblank

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
371
I'm building my next rig in summer 2006 and have decided to get a very early start on checking out some hardware. I'm almost decided on an A64 X2 4200+ Manchester for my CPU, might step up to the 4400+. Other hardware decisions are easy as I already have a good knowledge of everything... except for water cooling. I've read the quick description of water cooling in the stickied thread above (very useful by the way, thanks), but I am still left confused on what to actually buy. Obviously since this is my water cooling project, there is no way I am going to build one myself. I am looking into getting a kit to start me out. It has to be a high quality kit, though, one that will get my awesome temps. Price isn't an issue, as I plan on spending a lot on this rig anyway. Can you guys please post the kits you have used in the past or are using now and give me your pros and cons of them? Or what kits do you suggest buying that you have read good reviews about? Anything to look out for? To avoid? Any good sites with water cooling tips? I know, I am asking for a lot, but this is a big deal to me. :)

Thanks in advance!
 
Swiftech Apex Cooling Kit, has 2x120mm radiator, storm block(best block), awesome pump with fans and res. Thats about the best youll get. Anything simpler (like an aquagate, bigwater, koolance or whatever) wont get you nearly as good temps and isnt that much easier anyway.
 
What ZOMGWTFBBQ said, but I think it's a little early to start planning for next summer. Things change so fast in the computer world that what you plan on for today will be way outdated be next year. Water cooling isn't as bad as say CPU's and video cards, but things do change and get better. My suggestion is to just keep your eyes and ears open, watch what's coming out in the future and learn everything thing can before you're ready to buy.
 
Yeah I know it's still very early. I just wanted to get a head start on looking around. I'm not actually going to buy this kit now... it'll just push me in the right direction. :) Anyway, thanks for the suggestion of the kit. I'll look into it and follow up on what else the company pushes out in the future.

I'll probably post another thread just like this one coming spring 2006. :p
 
Back
Top