need some TV warranty help

Vauhs

n00b
Not sure if this is the right place to put this since it involves the warranty, but I guess it does fall under the display section since it's for a TV.

Anyhow, my brother bought a Sony TV "KDL-46Z4100" right before Christmas last year and over the course of these past few months it's been fine and dandy but then suddenly the screen cracked. The crack in the screen was caused by his wife while trying to get something from the dog and it backfired into the TV :mad: and I am curious if there is possibly any way to get it repaired under the warranty. I don't nessecerily see it as misuse as it was a accident.

So basically what I'm asking here is if I called Sony and reported this, do you think they would fix it under the warranty or would I have to pay for it and if they wouldn't accept it do you know of any way that I can get them to repair it without my brother paying a arm and a leg to fix it?

Thanks ahead of time for the feedback.

Sorry, but no way. You would have to have accidental damage insurance under a supparte policy. Dell offers it on their laptops and displays, but it is at an additional cost.

Dave

accidental damage, no way. sony would never dish out the money for something that wasn't their fault in some way.

Thanks for giving your opinions. So, any ideas what I can do with a 46" cracked lcd? lol

Back