• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need some speakers

EchoMatrix

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
806
I got a little money to spend and right now I have some velodyne's i got on sale a while back.

Whats some good speakers that I can use with my Pioneer DSX-D914? CHT SWV are the speakers I have now. Not too big, maybe something that can sit on my desk 1 square ft at the max. ANything I should consiter? change about my possible criterion?

thanks all
 
might be a little big but
http://www.behringer.com/B2030P/index.cfm?lang=ENG

b2031P_big.jpg


$190MSRP for a pair of passive studio monitor. ive got the big brothers of these as rear in my surround system. love em. got them really cheap too like 40% below MSRP (helps when you work for a pro sound company no markup for me WOOT!)
 
is there a site on the internet that allows someone to compare speakers and their specs? Those look temping though.

I know I need to look for Ohms, freq range, what else?
 
also this thing sits right in front of me. should I keep it small when its right next to me?
 
I saw the back of those bose. I thought I was going to cry... no bananaplug interface
 
I saw the back of those bose.

what bose?

the behringer ones i pointed out are designed as reference speakers IE flat responce
i believe the smaller of the two models is ~75hz-20Khz -+3db

behringer.com has specs white papers, pics, dimensions etc etc

smaller then that i would recommend the Tannoy i5aw
http://www.tannoy.com/i5AW
 
the 301 and 201 i believe. saw the back of the at best buy and it made me cry... WORST connection possible for those speakers, the type you find on those cheap ones at wal mart
 
bose is fo rlack of a better word... weird
i have 4 of their older PRO AUDIO 802-II loudspeakers
i use two modded (added a supertweeter) ones in my HT system. they are very large though but have a very cool soundstage. very wide and transparent. the high end isnt laser like

I still recommend the behringer, or tannoy
 
ended up getting

Polk Audio Monitor 40 BK Pair Books

got dual mid range drivers and OK reviews. I dunno, it better just be better than bose at least in connection type
 
Back
Top