• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some sound system reccomendations...

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
Looking at all kinds of things. 5.1. I dont care if its in a box a what - i just need quality. However, my limit is ~$350. I know, i know, no such thing as quality at that price. Well i need best crap at that price .

Looking at lotsa things right now, ranging from:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...44134&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03010
Pretty sure its a no, but hey, throw it out>?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...93895&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03010
Again, i dont know audio, please clue me in

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-121-105&catalog=60&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1
Hey, Decoder and all included!



Now i know that its best to buy seperate and im not gonna get everything, but any suggestions are MORE then welcome. thanks!
 
Go with either the Z-680's or a used set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultras. Personally if it were me, I would save the extra $50 and buy a new Promedia 5.1 Ultra. However, the Z-680 is a great system, especially for the price.

I do recommend that whatever system you get you should keep some money left over to switch the wiring out to some 16 gauge wires, this is hard on the Klipsch's as they use minijacks. Its real simple on the Logitechs. I switched my Promedia 4.1 wires to 16 gauge Monster Cables (don't rag me, I got them dirt cheap at employee discount so I couldn't resist) and it made a world of difference. Although I had to go to the trouble of soldering on minijacks and stuff.
 
Back
Top