Need some serious help

Sinster

Gawd
I posted this in another thread but it wasn't my video card - Tried another video card it did the same thing

Every time I install drivers for my 8800GTX I can't boot back into windows.. It goes past the green loading bar (vista) and that's it. If I go back to last known good configuration I can boot into vista.. I've been running vista and this 8800GTX since Vista release without issues. I even reformatted a few times between now and then with no issues. I also reformatted 6 times within the last 24 hours because I tried betas and offical releases and still the same issue. If I reboot and then select last known good config I can boot back into vista and safe mode..

Things I've tried so far
- Installed different Video Card
- Installed Different Ram
- Installed new HDD
- Took HDD out RAID 0 and installed individual
- Swap PCI x slots
- Didn't install any vista updates just video drivers

The outcome is the same.

LOL - well Vista worked fine before the reformat. I reformated because it took 5 minutes from reboot to desktop. Plus a few other stuff...

System
XFX 590
AMD 6000+ x2
2 x 1GB DDR2
8800GTX

well i guess the only thing you haven't swapped out is the motherboard,maybe check the bios for some pci setting or something, well good luck

This one has me against the ropes. I've been through this whole system and it's only when I install video drivers. I will RMA the board see how that goes.

w000t!!!

I figured it out.... It was my dongle on my PhysX card wasn't plug all the way in. Damn all that trouble and I over looked that.

Back