Need some recommendations for PS3 games

Operaghost

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to get some good games that I can get cheap.

I have been out of the loop awhile, and so I'm looking for recommendations.

So far on my list are:

Dishonored
Dragons Dogma
Hunted

Anyone else have some ideas on games I could get cheap?

Ni No Kuni $20

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The last of us
Infamous

Not sure how out of the loop yot are...

The Last of Us

It's awesome. I personally just rented it from RedBox and kept it until I beat it. Didn't take but a few days even with my busy schedule and honestly renting it was a good call because I can't say i'd want to play it again any time soon. 10/10 game but once you know everything that happens, there's really no point to play it again... kind of like how I felt about Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. It's still around $40 retail so it's not cheap.

Oh and btw Beyond Two Souls was the last PS3 game I played (before my Wii U took over my interest) and it was great too. You'll like it if you liked Heavy Rain.

L.A. Noire I liked and should be fairly cheap now; also maybe Grand Theft Auto 4. I know GTA 5 is still expensive.

Idk if you've played them all but the Uncharted Series 1-3, Resistance 1-3...

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback again. I haven't played Heavy Rain, so I will check that out as well as Beyond Two Souls

valkyria chronicles.

Also, pick up the dark arisen version of dragons dogma if you get it.

You sound like a Tomb Raider kinda guy. Prob get it used on Amazon or Ebay for 10-15. maybe even new in box if fortunate enough.

Last of Us and Uncharted 2 for sure. These are must plays for any PS3 owner.

Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect series
Tomb Raider
Demon’s Souls or Dark Souls (assuming you don’t mind a challenge)
BioShock
The Walking Dead (not TWD: Survival Instinct)

Last of Us and Uncharted 2 for sure. These are must plays for any PS3 owner.

Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect series
Tomb Raider
Demon’s Souls or Dark Souls (assuming you don’t mind a challenge)
BioShock
The Walking Dead (not TWD: Survival Instinct)

Agreed with all of these. But you should play Uncharted 1 before 2. You should also play Bioshock 1 and then Infinite, skipping Bioshock 2.

Agreed with all of these. But you should play Uncharted 1 before 2. You should also play Bioshock 1 and then Infinite, skipping Bioshock 2.

Thanks! The only reason I put Uncharted 2 and not part 1 is I feel UC1 hasn't aged as well. It's a good game still but has its quarks (like tank top baddies that are some how bullet sponges).

UC2 just does an amazing job ironing out all the wrinkles and then some but if one can overlook UC1 flaws, definately give it a try.

The Last of Us
Uncharted Dual Pack
Uncharted 3
Gran Turismo 6
God of War 3
God of War: Ascension
Little Big Planet 2
Twisted Metal
Killzone Trilogy
Infamous Collection
Resistance Collection
Jak & Daxter Collection
Ratchet & Clank (any of them)
Heavy Rain
Beyond: Two souls
Journey
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Valkyria Chronicles
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - Limited Edition
Puppeteer

I tried to limit games that are only experienced on Playstation.

The Last of Us
Uncharted 2 & 3
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God of War III or God of War: Ascension
Gran Turismo 6
Little Big Planet 2
Puppeteer

Those games without question show you what Sony is all about in various ways. I'd put Heavy Rain/Beyond in this category but it is HIGHLY YMMV, it's an acquired taste that even I don't enjoy.

The most important point to be made though is that if you have a PS3 without TLoU your collection will never be complete.

Granted I barely played my PS3. These are the ones I would get assuming you haven't played them on another platform.

Fallout 3 & NV
Oblivion & Skyrim
Assassin's Creed
GTA 4
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect Trilogy
Batman Arkham City & Assylum
Sleeping Dogs

Last of Us
Uncharted

The metal gear solid collection is an amazing value if you've never played MGS2 or 3, plus Peace Walker is also very good.

Sorry for slight hijack here, but has anyone played FO3 or New Vegas on the PS3? I read there are tons of issues with the game on PS3.

Sorry for slight hijack here, but has anyone played FO3 or New Vegas on the PS3? I read there are tons of issues with the game on PS3.

Get the updates and you should be fine. FO3 was. FO: NV I played on 360 and had much more issues with that even after patches than FO3 on PS3.

I think some of the issues are hyped up. I had Skyrim on PS3 day one and put 90+ hrs into it. And that was supposedly that is the most god awful abomination known to man.

Only thing that slightly bothers me is you can't buy those digitally/install the entire game on the HDD. But I think i'll get FO3 and give it a try. Any other RPG's that are good?

I've got a few hours into Borderlands 2 and have been having a blast with it. It's also a freebe for plus members.

valkyria chronicles.

Also, pick up the dark arisen version of dragons dogma if you get it.

I just unwrapped VC after having it for a few months and not playing it. EVERYBODY says this a must play but holy shit is it starting out slow. Im going to keep at it because I feel like it's going to get better but damn I hope its soon.

OP, The Last of Us is probably the only game Ive ever played where I damn near cried (ok, I did at some points) and then once it was done felt so damn empty because I knew Id probably never find another game as good as it. It was just that damn good.

Yeah I really want to play The Last of Us, but its still more than I want to spend on a game right now.

Used they are going for 30+ still, and I don't wanna spend more than like 10-20 per game.

I'll have to wait for it to drop in price some.

Back