Need some PSU suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyAura

CoalWagen
2FA
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
5,068
I've been away from this area of computing for some time now, haven't had a need to update a power supply until now.

I'm piecing together some old parts into an HTPC and the only thing I am missing is an adequate PSU.

It is a socket 939 motherboard (ASRock) with an AMD 64 San Diego Processor. 2Gb DDR RAM (G.Skill). There are 2 DVD drives as well as 2 7200 RPM hard drives. a total of 5 fans running on a fan controller, and a Radeon x1950 video card.

I don't need a serious PSU, nothing fancy, just enough to power this baby at full load.

So, I need some suggestions on brand, power rating, and should I buy new? Or are used PSU's trustworthy enough?

I'm trying to spend as little as possible here because I'm a poor college student. ^.^

Thanks.
 
$50 - Corsair 400CX 400W PSU

Cheap but of good quality and more than enough power for your system.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top