need some OCing answers 4 ABit KT7A softmenu

dogbit

n00b
I have an ABit KT7A MB with a 750 Duron and I'm attempting to OC it some. I have read were some have gotten this combo up to 933MHz and better, but I'm at a loss on a few things and need some answers please.
In the KT7A Bios I'm at:

CPU user defined

Multiplier X7.5 - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->this is the default setting

CPU FSB/PCI-Clock 115/38MHz - - - - ->default is 100/33MHz
the system will not boot above this setting

CPU FSB Plus 0 - - - ->What is this setting for??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -CPU Power Supply- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Core Voltage 1.600v - - - - - - - - - ->this is the default setting
I/O voltage 3.40v - - - - - - - - - - - ->this is the default setting

The default settings are when a 750MHz CPU is selected. At the setting of: CPU FSB/PCI-Clock 115/38MHz
I'm at 864MHz using the 750 Duron and PC133 Ram, Dragon Copper Orb HS temp @33c

Could someone enlighten me as to how someone can get this CPU up into the 900 plus MHz's, and could anyone tell me what the CPU FSB Plus setting is for?

This is one link I saw:

www.amdpower.com/sections.php4?op=viewarticle&artid=32

Thanks for any light you can place on this for me.

OK
1st you might not get it that high at all CPU just might not OC that well. I would up the core voltage some more and also the I/O voltage which is the Ram voltage if I am remembering correctly. Just make sure your temps arent going too high. You didnt say what CPU cooler you are using so it might not be powerful enough. Also your RAM might not want to go any higher.
You would be better off with an older Athlon XP mabey a XP1700 or something they are cheap and OC well I think your motherboard is compatible with XP's.
2nd the FSB plus setting is for overclocking it adds to whatever the FSB setting is at not sure if it adds to the PCI clock I think it does.
Example:
your FSB is at 115mhz if you changed the FSB plus setting to 5 it would add 5mhz to the 115mhz to get 120mhz.
I think it is there to aid in overclocking.

Back