need some new speakers

itachi183

Limp Gawd
Hey, I've had these Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 2.0's for the past 2 years, and for about a year now the left speaker would fade in and out, and I would have to tap the volume controll for minutes untill it comes in clear again. But now it's finally just not working anything, so I need a new pair of speakers.

I use speakers for game,music,movies (uh, is there anything else you could use them for? lol)
I had been looking at these:

Logitech Z-2300

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1

Bose Campion 3

Swans M200

Now, most of those I listed have a SUB with them, I've never used a sub before and not sure if I'll like it, I do like the base from my 2.0s current though.

I have Realtek Onboard Audio, does that make a difference in the sound quality with these speakers?

oh and my budgets around 250$ any ideas?

Erasing 'Bose' from your mind.... Complete.

I had the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set for several years. Sold them recently for $100. Great computer speakers, but a little lacking on mids and the highs were a little tinny. I hear the Swans are even better for the price, but the sub has to go between the satellites (whereas the Klipsch sub goes on the floor near a wall). I can't stand Logitech's audio solutions. Muddy bass, tinny highs.

My current 2.0 klipsch's has the sub between the satellites, and I kinda like it like that lol, not sure how I would like a hole sub on the floor.

Anyway does a soundcard make a difference? I mean, say I get the 2.1 Klipsch, and use them with my onboard (realtek HD onboard) will it be holding back the potential with of the speakers/sound, would I notice a difference if I buy a soundcard? lol

What's your sound card? Your onboard audio could be better. My onboard is better than my Audigy 2 ZS (for sale, by the way!), so that's what I've been using. If you have a modern sound card, such as an X-Fi card, that's probably what you'd use.

But the Klipsch speakers are specifically "computer" speakers. If you're going to invest in a really nice sound card, you should complement it with some really nice speakers. Computer speakers don't cut it for me anymore, that's for sure.

I ended up getting the Audioengine A5 set for $314 (www.audioengineusa.com, coupon DHT10). Hopefully within the next month I can get a sub for them.

I have the same problem with my Klipsch Pro Media 2.0 speakers at work. I have to play with the volume every couple of weeks to get the volume equal across both speakers. I'm going to open the right speaker and see if the pot just needs cleaning. Hopefully that's the problem and nothing else. I really like these speakers.

Those AudioEngine A2 speakers look interesting.

I have the same problem with my Klipsch Pro Media 2.0 speakers at work. I have to play with the volume every couple of weeks to get the volume equal across both speakers. I'm going to open the right speaker and see if the pot just needs cleaning. Hopefully that's the problem and nothing else. I really like these speakers.

Those AudioEngine A2 speakers look interesting.

Yeah I really liked these speakers too, I even researched the problem and alot of people have it on the klipsch forum, some guy made a guide on how to fix it (temporarily) but it requires to buy like 10$ of items, open it up and do a bunch of stuff.

If you have to use 2.0 you could get some powered studio monitors - ex: M-Audio BX5 or Behringer AV40...

Yeah I really liked these speakers too, I even researched the problem and alot of people have it on the klipsch forum, some guy made a guide on how to fix it (temporarily) but it requires to buy like 10$ of items, open it up and do a bunch of stuff.
Which explains why they showed up for sale very often as refurbs at the Klipsch store. I'll check out the forum to see what the temporary fix is.

Back