need some new heatsinks for k7d-l

isp

2[H]4U
I need some new heatsinks for my 2100xp's modded into 2600MP. The vcore on them is 1.77 FYI. Right now they have volcano 11 on them at full speed and it's keeping them in the upper 40's.

I can't stand the noise and want a solution under 35dB.

Any advice please?

water :)

if not, Thermalright SLK900's or something like that?

Or like this :

2 * Thermalright SLK800 & Enermax Adjustable fans :)

6023k7d-full.jpg

Anarchy said:
Or like this :

2 * Thermalright SLK800 & Enermax Adjustable fans :)

6023k7d-full.jpg
what motherboard is that?

I would also suggest the SLK-900, but only put 80mm fans on it. This will get more available surface area, but will still allow it all to fit.

I've also been looking into replacing my Volcano 11s on my K7D. (How did we get mislead so? :confused: ) I have a ton of airflow through my case, owing to the 2 120mm and 3 90mm fans (this doesn't include the PS fan, which is 80mm). Since one of the 120mm fans is an exhaust fan that sits right near processor 2, I was thinking about getting two of these http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/cl-p0025/cl-p0025silentTower.htm and having at least one work passively. Because of the K7D's socket orientation (they are rotated 90 degrees from what's typical for Athlon boards), they will just fit. You'd have to have one fan blowing through the socket 1 heatsink, and another sucking out on socket 2. $100 is a lot to drop just for heatsinks.... Let me know what you think.

for that much money why not just water cool? :confused:

anyway the SLK900's should be good imo

also if you have Volcano 11's flip the fan around so that they blow away from the heatsink and not into it... dropped the temps on my air dualie significantly

Don't bother with ALX-800s. I found the fins to be to thick and to close to each other to do any real good. Dust builds up way to fast with these things. :(

Back