Need some more ram

apopleptic

Limp Gawd
I need to get some memory for the system I am putting together for my sister.
I have two options.
1) I can take 8GB of the ddr3 from my system and put it in her system and then get some more memory for my system.
2) I can just buy 4 or 8gb of ddr3 for her system and me done with it.

My current system has 16gb of ddr3. Anyone think I would really benefit from the upgrade of 16GB to 24GB? It's going to end up costing me $100 for the upgrade, or about 50 to just get new memory for her board.

I need to get some memory for the system I am putting together for my sister.
I have two options.
1) I can take 8GB of the ddr3 from my system and put it in her system and then get some more memory for my system.
2) I can just buy 4 or 8gb of ddr3 for her system and me done with it.

My current system has 16gb of ddr3. Anyone think I would really benefit from the upgrade of 16GB to 24GB? It's going to end up costing me $100 for the upgrade, or about 50 to just get new memory for her board.
It depends on what programs you use. If you surf the net and game, 8gb's is more then enough.
If you run VM's, then more memory would help, maybe even big/multiple photoshop images.

I use vmware sometimes for testing, but mostly do video encoding to 10 bit x264.

I rarely work in Photoshop. Maybe 3 times a year.

Yeah! i think the upgrade of 16GB to 24GB would be really beneficial for you. Sure, it would cost you more, but it would be worth it.

Back