Need some input

amish_p0rnst4r

Limp Gawd
I need some help before I make my order on my watercooling set-up...

I've been out of the watercooling loop for a couple years now...

Here's the machine specs:

Have Already:

Intel 6600 Quad w/ G0 stepping - CPU
Abit IP35 Pro - Mobo
EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB - GPU
(2) 500GB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs

Need:

I have yet to decide on Memory and a PSU (Taking Reccomendations)

I'm unsure of brands and how big I need to go still on the PSU

WATERCOOLING SETUP & QUESTIONS -

For my watercooling I'd like to do two loops

Loop 1: PUMP>CPU>RAD>RES>RETURN TO PUMP

Loop 2: PUMP>GPU>(HDD'S Possibly)>RAD>RES>RETURN TO PUMP

The goods I'm looking at

CPU Block - Aqua Computer Cuplex Xt Double Impact
GPU Block - Aqua Computer AquagraFX 8800GTS
Pump(s) - D-Tek dB-1 12V
Radiator(s) - Balck Ice Stealth GT X-Flow 240
Reservoir(s) - Undecided Between - Passive Tube, Standard Tube, or a single 4 port res
Fan(s) - Scythe S-Flex

Now here's my situation...I have bascially unlimited room so thats not an issue.

1. As far as running the two loops should I run the pumps off the PSU or get a secondary Power Supply for them?

2. Will this suffice to properly cool this system if the fans on the Radiators are blowing from the inside of the case to the outside of the case with no other source of airflow in the case...the case I'm installing this in is appx. 28"w x 26"d x 6'h and I plan to keep the majority of the components in the lower half of the case allowing hot air to travel upward

3. Are the chosen components acceptable?

I really appreciate any input or help

I need some help before I make my order on my watercooling set-up...

I've been out of the watercooling loop for a couple years now...

Here's the machine specs:

Have Already:

Intel 6600 Quad w/ G0 stepping - CPU
Abit IP35 Pro - Mobo
EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB - GPU
(2) 500GB Samsung Spinpoint HDDs

Need:

I have yet to decide on Memory and a PSU (Taking Reccomendations)

I'm unsure of brands and how big I need to go still on the PSU

WATERCOOLING SETUP & QUESTIONS -

For my watercooling I'd like to do two loops

Loop 1: PUMP>CPU>RAD>RES>RETURN TO PUMP

Loop 2: PUMP>GPU>(HDD'S Possibly)>RAD>RES>RETURN TO PUMP

The goods I'm looking at

CPU Block - Aqua Computer Cuplex Xt Double Impact
GPU Block - Aqua Computer AquagraFX 8800GTS
Pump(s) - D-Tek dB-1 12V
Radiator(s) - Balck Ice Stealth GT X-Flow 240
Reservoir(s) - Undecided Between - Passive Tube, Standard Tube, or a single 4 port res
Fan(s) - Scythe S-Flex

Now here's my situation...I have bascially unlimited room so thats not an issue.

1. As far as running the two loops should I run the pumps off the PSU or get a secondary Power Supply for them?

2. Will this suffice to properly cool this system if the fans on the Radiators are blowing from the inside of the case to the outside of the case with no other source of airflow in the case...the case I'm installing this in is appx. 28"w x 26"d x 6'h and I plan to keep the majority of the components in the lower half of the case allowing hot air to travel upward

3. Are the chosen components acceptable?

I really appreciate any input or help

1. No need to. Save yourself the hassle and just use 1 PSU for the entire machine. The only pumps that need a secondary PSU are the Iwaki's and such.

2. As long as you maintain negative pressure inside your case, you'll be fine. Air will always find a way inside of a vacuum.

3. I'm not a fan of Aqua Computer products (although I do have some of their stuff and soon their XT DI), it will do. You can save more money and get better performance by say getting a D-Tek Fuzion CPU and GPU combo instead. I'd also opt for a Swiftech MCR series radiator instead of a BI as it is better and is only more expensive by a few dollars. However, for the most part, it looks good.

I've heard good things about the MCR series rads but the stealth has the plumbing setup I need for the inside of my case to eliminate tubing tangle.... I will more than likely be using the MCR stuff in my other build I'm going to be doing though.

As far as the CPU/GPU blocks I'm really starting to like the newer swiftech blocks and the D-tek blocks so I'm leaning that way after some of the feedback I'm getting on various boards.

Although I'm not digging the look of the D-tek GPU Block

Although I'm not digging the look of the D-tek GPU Block

Yeah, mine didn't stay in my loop for longer than two weeks. The CPU block is nice but adding the GPU block killed my loop.

My suggestion is go with what you originally posted but use an Alphacool pump w/ top. That will allow you to run more blocks in a loop without killing the performance too much. Word to the wise is to use a res with anything smaller than 3/8" as it is a BITCH to fill and bleed.

To be honest I just switched out my Fuzion CPU block/EK block with a CuplexXT/EK block and my computer runs just as fast as before.

KodakCamera077.jpg

Back