Need some input on a PSU..

FBR_BDavis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
286
Since I'm upgrading to a completely new setup, I need to rebuild my former rig as a backup since the wife stole my other backup.. LOL!! I'll give a list of the parts, and I'm interested to see what PSU others would recommend for this setup.. I'm still looking to get a case, so I'm not sure what that will be nor do I know how many fans I'll be using.. Trying to keep the costs low since it is just a backup..

ASUS Crosshair II 780a SLI Motherboard
AMD X4 940 @ stock 3.0GHz w/ CoolerMaster V8
8GB ( 4x2GB ) Mushkin Ascent DDR2-1066
2x eVGA nVidia 9800GTX+
Lite-On DVD-RW SATA
4x Samsung 500GB SATA II 7200RPM HDs

Thanks for any thoughts on this..
 
a quality 600-650 will do you well

edit: saw you had dual 9800s maybe 700
 
600 watts will do. The 9800GTX+ are about equivalent to a GTS 250, which draws less than 120 watts under load as I recall.
 
Back
Top