Need some ideas..

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a funny little annecdote but I'll give you the short version first:

I cut a big hole in the case door, replacing the case isn't goign to happen because I am a student and would rather "fix it" myself.

Long version: I cut a big hole in my case because I got a kitchen exhaust fan from an old house when I was a n00b, I subsequently cut it with a REALLY crappy drill so now I have about a 6-inch ( of varying size because of the crappy drill) in diameter hole above the graphics card area of my case door.

The fan sucked and got really hot to the touch frequently after a while of usage even though it was metal.

Would be sort of an embarassing thing to someone who doesn't realize that by doing stupid things when you're a noob you learn valuable things that help you out alot later.

Now, help me patch my big hole :D.

~Adam

cant you just take a metal plate, let somebody else, with good tools cut the perfect hole, and place it behind/ in front of your less nice hole :p

I can't see your project, but here's my sugestion.

What I did...er.....uh......I mean.....what I would do is make the hole bigger, into a window. Then mount a good fan in the window!

Not that this ever happened to me when I was a noobe.... :D

I thought about that window idea... but where do I get the material to make a window and I would need a dremel.. $20 right there that I dont have :(

~Adam

simple, make the hole really randome, then get some plexi and stick it behind the hole

attach a latex glove to the inside of the hole, and tell people that your PC is so fast, that you had to create a special way to get in and work on it. Tell them that your cpu is radioactive, and the latex glove has been treated to resist radiation.

Back