Hey all, just curious what you guys might suggest - work here at a PC Shop, and we have a 'clone' PC just for cloning customer's data off, as a backup for them
Unfortuneately, like everything through here is IDE.
Any suggestions for hot swappable IDE controllers? I was looking at the Highpoint RocketRAID 454, as it says it supports hot swap, but only under RAID? Does that mean it won't work, unless we run a RAID of some sort?
I'd like to have individual Hot Swappability... maybe a PATA to SATA convertor?
*EDIT*
Looking at this -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16812156010
Maybe hook that to our swappable drive cage, then run it to a SATA setup? That'd allow us to hot swap, right?
Unfortuneately, like everything through here is IDE.
Any suggestions for hot swappable IDE controllers? I was looking at the Highpoint RocketRAID 454, as it says it supports hot swap, but only under RAID? Does that mean it won't work, unless we run a RAID of some sort?
I'd like to have individual Hot Swappability... maybe a PATA to SATA convertor?
*EDIT*
Looking at this -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16812156010
Maybe hook that to our swappable drive cage, then run it to a SATA setup? That'd allow us to hot swap, right?

