Need some help

JucyTEC

Limp Gawd
I have a Revision A of DI-524 Wireless router,
It has a LOT of problems and think i should get a replacement. My house is new and big, either a Access Point or a wireless router...

Any reccos? I don't know whats good... i don't wanna get another crappy router.

Thanks in advance

JucyTEC said:
I have a Revision A of DI-524 Wireless router,
It has a LOT of problems and think i should get a replacement. My house is new and big, either a Access Point or a wireless router...

Any reccos? I don't know whats good... i don't wanna get another crappy router.

Thanks in advance

What kind of problems are you having that make you think it is the router?
How many computers will be behind this router and what tasks are most commonly performed on your systems?

The router has a problem, and Dlink can't fix it, granted I got it for 20 Bux... I have total of 6 computers running in the house, and the only wireless connection i want is going to be used with my laptop....

Nothing much, but sometimes I stream movies from server upstairs, only because i don't feel like crimmping a wire down the heating duct.

well you get my drift...

all i run is dlink stuff an i like their products...so i would recommend another dlink...

others will recommend the linksys brand which is a bit pricier but from what i hear runs good as well...if you are not happy with dlink then move to linksys....that should be sufficent for your needs.

Back