• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need some help

transam02

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
118
I have a lacie big disk with 2 -300gb drives in it. The usb interface on the external is not wanting to work anymore. The pc never sees the drive or show up in device manager. I was wanting to pull the disks out and stick them in the machine internally and retrieve my data off of them. I was wanting to know the best course of action would be.
 
The first thing to try was to boot your pc with a linux livecd and see if it can read the drives. Linux will automatically detect and handle many raid types.

I have a lacie big disk with 2 -300gb drives in it.
Does the lacie do some kind of raid?
 
Yea I tried the live cd and still didnt detect it. Yea it is 600gb external with 2-300gb drives inside.
 
Did you try to look at the SMART data on the drives when you had booted off the livecd?
 
Back
Top