Need some help with the new setup.

chico64

n00b
Well ive been trying to overclock my 9600 phenom but i haven't had any luck at all.Ive been getting pretty confused ive tried for a small increase in the multiplier by going up from 11.5 to 12. but it doesn't show the right speed in windows.I haven't had any experience overclocking the phenom yet, im going for a 100 mhz increase im not sure ,do i have to disable the cool n quiet feature first? system specs:amd phenom 9600 ,dfi lanpartdk 790fx-m2rs,4gig,windows vista 64bit,9800gtx.640 gig hdd

Well I'm not sure how different Phenoms are from the old X2s, but at the very least ..yah I'd turn off the cool 'n quiet if you're going to overclock.

Yea that sucks i didnt know they were that bad at overclocking ,this chip seems slow to me in gaming even compared to my A64 x2 6000 quite a bit i was thinking of just going for the 9850 black edition ,but is it worth it?

Well looking at the newegg reviews, people have had better luck overclocking with it. And $200 isn't that bad. You should get a nice cooler though.

Back