Need some help with surround+aspect ratio+windowed reso in certain games

klepp0906

Gawd
quite a convoluted setup i run. 3 1440p displays in portrait with bezel correction via SLI for a grand total/reso of 4680x2560. Add in a 1200p accessory display (also in portrait).

the big issue i have is getting windowed 1920x1080 to show up in games. I use a steam link which only outputs 1080p. All the data it tries to send running my native reso (>4k) completely destroys my framerate so i can either turn the visuals waaay down in order to keep the same framerate that i get at my native resolution on my pc (which still leaves me with wonky scalling on the steamui notifications) or run the game windowed at the same reso as the steamlink outputs.

this costs me my SLI (as it doesnt function in windowed mode) but at such a low resolution (1920x1080) its still plenty enough hp to max games @ 60fps.

this is the ideal config im aiming for but the problem is games arent giving me the option to choose 1920x1080 when i set windowed. I either get 1080x1920 or some really crazy reso's undoubtedly due to the aspect ratio its seeing.

With something like Witcher 3 I can simply open the cfg with notepad and manually enter the reso. It works until I move the reso in game again then i have to manually enter it again. With something like neir automata a config/ini type file doestn even exist (that i can find or edit anyways).

This will pop up time after time and again and again until I can find a resolution. Any pros at this sort of thing have some insight or a solution for me?

still lookin for help. at minimum how to force a chosen reso in neir automata (and the hope that future games i play all have an ini type file lol)

jackpot <3

mucks w/ RTSS but i can live w/ that easier than i can live with a crazy resolution putting borders on my tv etc.

thanks again!

jackpot <3

mucks w/ RTSS but i can live w/ that easier than i can live with a crazy resolution putting borders on my tv etc.

thanks again!
Sure thing.

Check out PC Gaming Wiki if you have any questions in the future. It's a great repository of information for issues and solutions.
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

Widescreen Gaming Forum (WSGF) is also a great resource and includes information for getting Surround/Eyefinity resolutions working in games.
http://www.wsgf.org/

If you can't find an answer out there, you're still always welcome to ask [H] ;).

Back