need some help with determining proc temp in vista

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
So, I used to have an ASUS P5AD2 deluxe but have recently switched to an intel DG965WH cause of the whole retail edge thing. I used to use the ASUS pc probe for my temp monitoring but now have no such option. What program do you all use for this?? I'm running Vista RC1 x86

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/CoreTemp/

'Nuff typed.

EDIT:

Just to clarify, it works under Vista 32 bit editions because I've used in it all of them so far in testing. Currently I'm on Vista Ultimate 64 bit and the driver simply can't see the processors correctly; this issue will be addressed in a CoreTemp update from what I've been reading.

Thanks!, i'm sure this would be answered with .05 seconds of searching but what is Tjunction and how would that temperature compare to what was presented to the ASUS PCprobe, I'm assuming I would pay attention to the core temperatures huh?

It ran for me under Vista Business x86. It's also a great program for C2D owners.

I'm sure they're working on a 64 bit ready version, but since even software like this is using a "driver" of sorts to work with Vista x64, it requires Microsoft to literally sign off on it, so... that's part of the delays with the 64 bit compatible version. At least that's what the worklog said at the CoreTemp site, and a few postings at the forum were noted to mention.

...figured that out yesterday as well, just haven't had time to post the answer here..beat me to it! On a side note...wouldn't CoreTemp make a great little sidebar gadget?

...figured that out yesterday as well, just haven't had time to post the answer here..beat me to it! On a side note...wouldn't CoreTemp make a great little sidebar gadget?

Ohh that just be sweet, maybe something that would read all available temps.:cool:

Back