Need some help with a disaster

Cally

Limp Gawd
I went to install a new 970 vidoe card this morning and when I hit the release for the bard connector and pulled out the card the plastic connector came out with it deforming many of the pins.
Right now I am on an old 10 yr machine trying to find out how to proceed.
The Board is a Gigabyte Z77-UD3H and I need to replace it. I have no idea what I should buy to do that and need some help.
So what board should I get to get my machine back up and running again? Not looking to do a complete upgrade at this time if I can avoid it.
Suggestions?

I will have to keep checking this thread as I don't have e mail on this old machine.

Why not go find a similar LGA1155 board and replace it? Easy peasy.

Reactions: Cally
like this
So go to newegg.
Hit the motherboard section.
Limit by LGA 1155..
read the reviews..
.. profit!

Giving it some thought and looking at the prices for a 1155 chipset I am going to do an upgrade to a G5 Gigabyte MB, 6799K and 16 GB of memory. Spend a little spend a lot you get what you pay for I guess.
Thanks for the help during my panic attack.

Thats no good, do you think it might be too hard to bend the pins with tweezers or something? Once i dropped my cpu on the socket of my R4E (dumb shit i know) and bent anout 20 of the pins, a few shockingly. Spent about an hour on it and still going good today.

I don't have a clue what specific motherboard you are looking at, but if you get a board that is not 1155 then you'll need a new processor.. so.. I guess - new rig for you.

Hang on a minute, you can't put a 6700k on an old 1155 board. If you get the 6700k, you're looking at a $750 venture for the CPU, DDR4 and board to suit!

Reactions: Cally
like this
I am going to put the 6700K on a new Gigabyte G5 board along with new memory. I think this problem that came at a very bad time is what I needed to do the upgrade to my system.

I did try to straighten out the pins but they were tooo mashed up for me to do. What happened was I never noticed the plastic retainer come off the board and expose the bare pins. Then I tried to reinstall the new video card on top of the pins and bent them all up. Totally my fault.

Last edited:
Oh lol I see. Sometimes we need that little push lol. I've been trying to chase down a certain board myself atm for similar reasons.

Back