Need some help please

MattWeb

Limp Gawd
My Nvidia GeFORCE MX4000 is not cutting it anymore and since i recently discovered how much more i enjoy games on a PC i need a new video card.

Can someone please recommend me a AGP 4x/8x card thats in the $ 300-$ 400 range that will at least let me be able to play FEAR when i pick it up. I would prefer to stay with Nvidia but would be willing to try ATI if the cost and whatnot are worth it.

Thanks in advance

you can get an albatron 6800Ultra from newegg. other than that you would be looking at a 6800GT for that price range. as for FEAR, ive never played it or known anything about it other than people saying its a video card killer. maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

Do not buy new. Many people are upgrading their systems currently, so look for a used 6800GT/ultra or x850xt. You should expect to pay in the mid to upper two hundred dollar range.

Also insure that your power-supply will handle your new video card. Check the PS forum for recommended items if you do not possesss a good quality, high capacity PS.

Good luck.

Chances are if you have an MX4000, the rest of your PC isn't really good.
What is your entire PC's specs?

I personally would upgrade to a pci-e motherboard, new processor and a midrange card like a 6600gt. I have tested the fear demo on my friends setup (amd 64 +3200, 6600gt pci-e, 1gig ram) and it ran really well. I think he payed around $400 for everything and its a good upgrade for the longhaul.

If you are serious about keeping your agp slot, go with 1 of the 2 high end cards. Ati 850xtpe or 6800Gt (overclock it to ultra).

Nineball said:
Chances are if you have an MX4000, the rest of your PC isn't really good.
What is your entire PC's specs?
2.8 P4 OC @ 3.4
1.5 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce mx4000
ECS mobo

ect. ect.

my system will be fine it was a replacement video card that i pulled from another PC just too use for the time being.

CEREAL_KILLER said:
you can get an albatron 6800Ultra from newegg. other than that you would be looking at a 6800GT for that price range. as for FEAR, ive never played it or known anything about it other than people saying its a video card killer. maybe someone else can shed some light on that.
i saw that while looking around also.

never heard of that company though. kinda makes me wonder how well it will work.

setscrew said:
Also insure that your power-supply will handle your new video card. Check the PS forum for recommended items if you do not possesss a good quality, high capacity PS.

Good luck.
450W PS

:cool:

Back