Hello
I'm in the process of designing a new gaming rig. I plan on running either a 7900gs or an x1900xt, at least two SATA HD's with the strong possibility of adding a third some time in the future and setting up a raid. There will be two optical drives and a floppy, plus a sound card of course.
I think this rig calls for a 500watt PSU, but maybe it needs more? Either way I need some help finding a decent but cheap PSU. I know name brands like sparkle, antec, cooler master, etc. but all of those are $75 and up at this wattage.
I want to spend around $40 for a PSU if at all possible. Are there are other good name brands at this price or am I screwed and just need to shell out some extra clams.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in the process of designing a new gaming rig. I plan on running either a 7900gs or an x1900xt, at least two SATA HD's with the strong possibility of adding a third some time in the future and setting up a raid. There will be two optical drives and a floppy, plus a sound card of course.
I think this rig calls for a 500watt PSU, but maybe it needs more? Either way I need some help finding a decent but cheap PSU. I know name brands like sparkle, antec, cooler master, etc. but all of those are $75 and up at this wattage.
I want to spend around $40 for a PSU if at all possible. Are there are other good name brands at this price or am I screwed and just need to shell out some extra clams.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.