Need some help configuring my new system, some issues

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
I should preface this post by mentioning that it's been a long time since I've built a PC and I've been out of the hardware world for years. I built my PC yesterday and have been having some (maybe video related) issues.

My specs are as follows:

Intel i7-2600K with Corsair H60 Watercooling
ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard
MSI GTX 680
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 RAM
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
OCZ ZX 850 PSU
HP 2511x 25" LED Monitor @ 1080p

In general use of Windows, my mouse tends to stutter fairly often across which is strange to me because I have nothing running. Task Manager shows the CPU usage at 1-2% while this is happening. It seems to happen in games as well, although for the most part frame rates are solid with the GTX 680. The games I have installed so far and experienced these issues in are Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Bioshock.

I wonder if I possibly just haven't configured the system properly. I haven't really modified any BIOS settings nor have I overclocked the CPU/GPU. I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit, and the latest Beta of the Nvidia drivers (although I also tried the official release). For the video card, I have adaptive sync turned on with triple buffering - otherwise the settings in the control panel are in default. Maybe I haven't configured all of my hardware properly, or am missing software? Also, what exactly is Lucid, and should I install it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

I should also mention I posted this here because this issue wasn't prevalent when I was using the integrated graphics while waiting for my video card to arrive. Obviously I wasn't playing games then but the stuttering on the desktop right now is obsurd!

I gotta wonder if you're seeing a driver or hardware conflict.

Did you uninstall the previous drivers and run driver cleaner / driver sweeper?

Did you put the video card in another machine and test it?

Unfortunately I don't have another machine to test with. The stuttering occurs regardless of VSync being on or off as well. Do you have a good driver remover you could recommend?

Driver Cleaner Pro
or
Driver Sweeper

google it, can't look up the links right now.

Back