Need some help burning DVDs

Geekling

Limp Gawd
I have a few AVI files that I'm trying to convert to DVD format. I've tried WinAVI and DVD Santa. DVD Santa seems to work ok with converting..but WinAVI gets stuck at around 99% for some reason. I left it for awhile to see if it was just finishing..with no luck.

I took a few of the files that have been converted and I tried burning them using a few different programs. Nero, WinAVI, and DVD Santa....no luck with any of them. One of the DVDs I burned with nero showed me root directory when I put the DVD in. But it wouldn't play? So I tried again removing some of the files that nero adds automatically and it played fine...except the quality of the movie was pathetic. When you convert it to DVD it shouldn't lower the quality of the movie. Should it? So I tried burning one with WinAVI. It played fine for awhile. Then the picture just stopped...the sound kept going but it was stuck on one frame. I have no idea why it would do that.

I need some help guys. Any suggestions on why these programs are doing this? or a few suggestions on some better software? or what I could be doing wrong :) This is the first time I've tried burning DVDs and so far I haven't had much luck.

Back