Need Some Help - Best 43"+ Graphics 4K Monitor for Adobe CC

Moonraker

n00b
Hey Folks,

Seeking
I'm looking for a 43"+ monitor to be used exclusively for photo and video editing. It will not be used for gaming. I have a Quadro P4000 GPU that can output to 10-bit color.

Challenge
I've see a lot of the reviews online, and it seems that most 43" IPS monitors either suffer from flickering or their color space output is poor. A good editing monitor should be well over 90% in terms of sRGB, Rec 709, and AdobeRGB. I'm also not sure if they are true 10-bit monitors. I think some say "10-bit" in the marketing literature but are 8-bit + FRC (I think that is what it is called). That might even be the cause of the flicker as the monitor tries to emulate 10-bit when it is really not.

The Players So Far
IDell P4317Q
Viewsonic VX4380
LG43UD79

For this do I really need to stick with a 32" UHD IPS? They seem to be the sweet-spot for graphic monitors. Can anybody recommedend a 43" that is good for photo/video editing?

Regards,
Moon

Most 43'' panels are actually rather bad, if anyone's gonna have a decent monitor out though, it's probably dell.

There aren't many monitors to choose from at this size unfortunately. It seems it's just not popular enough for these companies to invest in. I doubt it will have 10 bit color, and will be a VA panel with 120hz refresh rate, but the yet unreleased ASUS XG43Q should be the best 43" on the market when it's released. It will be a gaming focused monitor and I don't know if it would be a fit for you, but it is certainly another option.

Back