Need some fan recommendations

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I have a Corsair 800D with a Corsair H60. The fan config right now is stock (fan in the pack is exhaust, the fans in the front are intakes, the H60 is attached at the top exhausting). I was thinking about doing two things:

1. Turning the fan around on the radiator at the top (and moving the radiator so its above it) and intaking
2. Adding two more intake fans at the top.

Problem is, I don't know what fans would be good. I'm looking for quiet mainly, anything up to 40 db. Any recommendations? Should I replace the fan thats on the radiator as well?

I have a 600t and the antec 920, not exactly the same setup, but close enough for comparison purposes. I took out the giant 200m up top and replaced with 2x Noctua NF-P12, they are very quiet (or quiet enough for my needs) and provided decent airflow. The stock antec fans I replaced with Gentle Typhoons AP-15, they are kinda hard to find now for some reason, but are pretty awesome. You don't need GTs, any high static pressure would work, rpm is not as important as cfm in this case.

Legit Reviews did an article on the Zalman F3 FDB fan and it has great static pressure and is very quiet. I believe it is a 1500 RPM fan, if that is enough for you. They look good too.

I guess, is the stock Corsair radiator fan something I should replace or does it do a good job. It's quiet enough even on full power, but if I can get something else that performs better in terms of cooling, I'd be okay with getting it.

Back