• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need some Expert Help

metuckness

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
10
I purchased a SUN 375-3536-05R50 8-Port SAS PCI-E RAID Adapter with battery (00014-01-A) off of Ebay with the plans to put in in a Dell 490 I also got. I have 5 Cheetah SAS 400GB drives I want to use it to run a raid 5 on.

Can anyone help me by pointing me to the data cables I need to connect the drives to the card?

Thanks!
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
From some googling it looks like the card uses SFF 8087 connectors. You need breakout cables to go from those to whatever your drives use. Do your drives use SATA style connectors or something else?
 
I believe this is an Adaptec RAID 5805 (made for SUN). But I am still not sure what cables I can use to run from the card directly to the drives and not through a back plane; if possible. If not, any suggestions on an internal / external bay to use?

Thanks!
 
That looks like what I need. Thank you kind sir. I Googled but as my long time friend always tells me, "Your Google skills just suck dude"!

Thank you again for your help!
 
Does anyone know what is the max sized drives I can use with this controller? Thinking of getting a couple of 3 or 4 TB drives, but not sure if the Firmware will support it.

sunFRU 375-3536-05R50 8-Port SAS PCI-E RAID

I am looking at the WD Red's.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top