• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some cooling options:

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
9,542
What's the best VGA HSF I can get for an 8800GTX?

I'm looking for something that can keep it cool but be extremely quiet (It's for an HTPC)

Also, I'm looking for some suggestions on very good CFM but very low DB Case fans (Again for an HTPC)

Sizes needed: 60x60mm, 80x80mm, and probably a 120x120x20-25mm

I see the SilenX fans are very quiet and have high CFM but I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews about them.

________________________________
And since I need 2x60mm and 2x80mm and 1x 120mm, my SilenX order from Newegg would total around $80 for 5 fans.
 
Anyone have any reccomendations on products that would work with two cards in sli?

I have 2 9800GTXs and I'm assuming they're the same, compatability wise... right?
 
I have 2 9800GTXs and I'm assuming they're the same, compatability wise... right?

No. G92 cards have different mounting than G80s. You'd need the HR-03 GT for your card rather than the Plus, for example.
 
...with roughly a two-inch height, I don't think this will work well in sli...

I'd have to mount the top card facing down, towards the second because of my 780i nb cooler, and I'd have to mount the last card up because of the psu...
 
Back
Top