Need some case recommendations here?

firas

2[H]4U
Just wanted to know my choices here

The case should have:
1-Aluminum
2-Window side panel
3-No front door
4-No plastic childish decorations (maybe some :D)
5-Can handle a tri loops water cooling system (1/2" tubes)
6-With the radiator inside the case (something like the Black Ice Xtreme II (III if possible)
7-Mid tower (as close as possible to 450 height)

I was aiming for the Armor Jr (478 height) but I’m afraid I’ll have problems with the WC, especially if I wanted to use 1/2” tubes and something bigger than a 120mm rad

I really like the TJ07 specially that it’ll allow me to use a rad like the Black Ice Xtreme III (with 3 fans) but 560mm height is just too much

maybe Lian Li PC-V1000/v1200 (490mm height)

opinions?

I would go with your last choice. It has alot of expansion room

Lian Li PC-V1000/v1200 (490mm height)

CMStacker 830. Too tall. 536mm.

The V1200 has space for a dual rad mounted vertically internally, but you'd be limiting space for wiring, tubing and reservoirs.

You're probably going to be hard pressed to find a short aluminium case that can handle 3 loops internally.

Antec 900 @ 460mm. Steel.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
You're on your own for figuring out where everything goes though.

(If anybody wants a reference point, 450mm = 17.7")

don’t want to sound too picky here but the side panel window in the Stacker 830 doesn’t have that big clear view, not to mention the FRONT DOOR

and the Antec 900 doesn’t seem to offer that big change over the Armor Jr, see here (from here)
its side window is ok but not as good as the TJ07 and the V1200 (see the links for them in my first post)

guys I’m I really running out of options here?! :( There is a lot of models that I can purchase locally from computer shops in my city like the Armor Jr and the Stacker 830 and some Lian Li models (most of them comes with front door and I really hate that thing) but seems that all these models will not fully support the water cooling system in my mind

if my situation is really this bad I would happily pick the gigantic TJ07 or the V1200 ,actually I can’t say which one before having more information about the 3 loops WC cuz seems that there is a lot of ways to do that like using one trio rad or 2 rads (trio and dual) or 2 rads (both single or 1 single 2nd dual)

any other thoughts, I just want to be super sure about that since I’ll be paying something like $16 + $15 for the first half kilo + $7 for each additional half kilo
TJ07 scenario …. 16+15+84 = $115 shipping + 300 = $415 :(

Somebody did a 3 loop internal setup inside a V2000 on XS, if you're interested...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112132

If you order it from Performance-pcs, you can get a windowed side panel, or maybe there's another one that fits, I've never looked into it.

Well… based on this
I don’t think it’ll handle a dual rad internally, not to mention 3x120mm rad :(

Somebody did a 3 loop internal setup inside a V2000 on XS, if you're interested...

as you can see I did a lot of search on this and I’m aware of the V2000 awesome capabilities (2X360mm (3x120mm) rads + another 1X240mm (2x120mm) rad with 10 loops) But,
Height: 617 mm (24.3 inches)
Depth 625 mm (24.6 inches)
The TJ07 sounds too small now :rolleyes:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1201215

You can add a 120 to the back to, if you so desired.

Is that 1 120 rad on the top? So you mean 2X120 rads right? maybe it can fit a dual rad on top don’t you think? Though I don’t have an idea where should a 750W PSU go there!

well……since this topic is starting to be informative I’ll add another thing
The water cooling system (specially the radiator part) is well connected to the case size/type

now comes another issue … the CPU OC potentials…
Currently I’m aiming for the Intel Q9450 though I’m aware of its weak OC potentials (specially against the E8500) caused by its relatively low multiplier (x8 comparing to the x9.5 in the E8500)

CPU speed = FSB X Multi
Q9450 speed = FSB X 8 (4000 CPU speed / 8 multi = 500mhz FSB)
E8500 speed = FSB X 9.5 (4000 CPU speed / 9.5 multi = 421mhz FSB)

I’m not really a hard overclocker and I don’t really care about OC’ing the Q9450 cuz after all I think its stock speed is enough…well more than enough…even enough till the next 32nm gen arrives

so a Q9450 @3200 (8multi x 400mhz) is just fine for me, hopefully some high-end X48 mobo will even help me go beyond 450mhz FSB easily

the question here, will the x8 multi in the Q9450 bottleneck my water cooling capabilities?
I mean a 3 loops system will require minimum 240mm (2x120mm) radiator, and if I picked the TJ-07 I’ll go for 3x120mm rad (maybe 4) and I’ll keep a the idea of installing another dual rad in my mind

but will the Q9450 take advantage of all that extra “temperature dropdowners”?

I’m not really into this stuff so can someone provide some explanation here please? Would 1 dual rad be enough to have the Q9450 reach 3200? if some high-end X48 mobo made 500mhz+ easy to do with the Q9450..would this dual rad have the power to help making this possible?
I’m I dreaming here and a dual rad on 3 loops water cooling system is just a simple cooling solution even when installed with a limited potentials CPU?

80617085qn4.jpg

I meant a 120 mm rad on the back, but you can fit a 220 in the top I'm sure, but you'll lose at least 1 drive bay.

I meant a 120 mm rad on the back, but you can fit a 220 in the top I'm sure, but you'll lose at least 1 drive bay.

so do you think this case can handle 1X120mm rad on the back + 1X220 rad on top, maybe it can even fit a 360mm rad on top! Well…I don’t really know if reducing the case size worth’s squeezing all that and a 3 loops wc system + some dual fan ram cooler! Even if it was possible I’m not sure that it would look nice (which is the whole idea if for having 3 loops instead of one)
Edit: looking at this now http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2666560&postcount=6299

you can’t imagine how hard it’s for me to be in the full towers field, but according to the current circumstances I really need to know about my previous question about the Q9450, if the Q9450 was (mathematically) worth’s a scenario like this one

DSC03913.jpg

then I’ll just pull the TJ-07 trigger (or the V1200) instead of struggling for/with a smaller case

btw, I just saw this now, damn that E8500 is insane, makes me think that Q9450 could easily reach 500mhz FSB and more

How can I say it! Well…. after seeing pages like this , 2 3 4 5 6 7 well...I just can’t resist the TJ07mania, I just can't :(

so now I need someone to clear the Q9450 limitation thing ppppplease

A single radiator could easily cool off your Q9450. If you're not even pushing 4GHz...

I think your triple loop is entirely excessive. A double loop (GPU/CPU) would be better (and would fit in a smaller case).

so do you think this case can handle 1X120mm rad on the back + 1X220 rad on top, maybe it can even fit a 360mm rad on top! Well…I don’t really know if reducing the case size worth’s squeezing all that and a 3 loops wc system + some dual fan ram cooler! Even if it was possible I’m not sure that it would look nice (which is the whole idea if for having 3 loops instead of one)
Edit: looking at this now http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2666560&postcount=6299

you can’t imagine how hard it’s for me to be in the full towers field, but according to the current circumstances I really need to know about my previous question about the Q9450, if the Q9450 was (mathematically) worth’s a scenario like this one

DSC03913.jpg

then I’ll just pull the TJ-07 trigger (or the V1200) instead of struggling for/with a smaller case

btw, I just saw this now, damn that E8500 is insane, makes me think that Q9450 could easily reach 500mhz FSB and more

Holy crap! Are all those 120mm fans? How many of those did you get in there? I thought the TJ07 side only use 90mm fans?

Holy crap! Are all those 120mm fans? How many of those did you get in there? I thought the TJ07 side only use 90mm fans?

man don't let me start spreading the TJ07 impossible pictures :D
this case really rocks
btw, those are not 4 fans.......those are 6 :eek:

DSC03744.jpg

I hate that case :(

I think your triple loop is entirely excessive. A double loop (GPU/CPU) would be better (and would fit in a smaller case).

well… I confess that I’m looking for the looks not just the cooling (not a crime I guess :D ) so 2 more loops well give better look (I hope) and better cooling of course
anyway my plan is to start with 2 loops and leave the third loop option available
between me and you…don’t you think it’s a crime to leave the TJ07 with a simple loop?! It’ll stop working :p

A single radiator could easily cool off your Q9450. If you're not even pushing 4GHz...

thnx for the answer but ..I did not get that :(
sorry maybe cuz English is not my first LANguage
do you mean that a single rad WC can make the Q9450 reach 4Ghz? (If we supposed that the FSB will reach 500)

please I wan't an answer here.... I don't wan't to end up over cooling my rig :(

I don’t have any experience in water cooling (cooling in general), I don’t have any experience in OC
Though I have some good information about both (actually I also have an aftermarket CPU cooler on my 3.6Ghz Intel 660 but I’m leaving the overclocking camp to the new rig)

so again…. The plan now is TJ07 with some really serious WC system
Does the Q9450 deserve this system? Should I hump on the E8500 train? Does the E8500 even deserves this plan?
any idea what’s the recommended rad size/quantity for a 3 loops water cooling system and Q9450?
I don’t have any idea if 1 single 120mm rad is more than enough for that or if three 320mm rads is not even enough for 3 loops and Q9450 :(

Is there any reason you want a TJ07 instead of a TJ09? The TJ09 is an updated model of the TJ07 so I think it will cool it better. Heard the TJ07 was loud because of the 92mm rear exhaust fans, and there is no replacement fans for it. This is why I didn't go for the TJ07 even though it look nicer then the TJ09.

The TJ07 is better suited for water cooling IMO. TJ09 is great for air.

well I'll just post the question in a new topic :(

TJ09 is an awesome case but when talking about water cooling TJ07 is phenomenal and with an acceptable size and weight

here is a TJ09 scenario

picture097hs0.jpg

another Antec 900 one

dsc04876customrt5.jpg

the TJ07 can take a big rad (with 4 fans/6actually) INTERNALLY in the bottom
and the same case can take another rad (with 2 fans) INTERNALLY at top
and another one INTERNALLY at the back

DSC03915.jpg

125825288-L.jpg

image004fc1.jpg

dscf291620copyes1.jpg

kickkass.jpg

my basic plan now (though I don’t know a lot about water cooling) is to start with 1 CPU loop through a 360 rad (3fans) or that bigger one (with 4 fans) internally at the bottom
then to do another 2 loops (GPU & NB) through a 240 rad internally on top, maybe use a separate water circle for them (with additional pump and reservoir just to be able to use different coolant colors)

Back