Need some assistance.

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, after a hassel with UPS, I finally got my CPU. (Had to go pick it up cus they claimed they came three times when in reality they only came once). Thats another story for another day. Heres the situation. This will be my first time dealing with AS5. I will be apllying it onto an AMD 64 3200+ using an XP-90 Heatsink & a panasonic panaflo fan. I saw the intructions on the the Artic silver website already. Just was wondering if anyone has any other ways of doing it that seems to be more effective. Just don't want to screw up the first time & have to do it again. Also was wondering when I do apply the AS5 & attach the HSF to it, should I let it sit thee & settle in or does running it as soon as i can work out better. Hoping some ofthe leet gurus here can help me out, thx in advance =).

-DarkLegacy

the way AS says to do it is arguably the best.. after all, they did make the stuff ;)

as for it "curing", you may or may not see much of a difference, depending on how well you seated the heatsink. normal computer usage will make it settle over time though, just make sure the computer gets 30min to an hour to fully cool off (power it down) at least once a day, and it'll be set

Yeah I saw there, bualso saw that the sides of the proc wasn't covered in the AS%, so just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be a problem if I had a simlar result to what they did, but not applying anytothe sides. =).

-DarkLegacy

hmm.. the sides don't matter. remember that the cpu core is in the center of the heatspreader. the best thermal contact should be there
just so you can see.. i was getting around 40º load temps with my zalman and this much thermal paste at stock speeds. next a64 i get, i'm putting on a tad more :D

Back