• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some advice: Special requirements

jkpq45

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
69
Hi all,

Need to build a new SFF system--moving from a large, watercooled rig. I need Socket 754, AGP and PC3200. Overclocking would be nice and using a full size ATX PSU would be quite nice.

If this can be had in the shuttle-type SFF, great. Otherwise, some advice on the "sideways" mATX cases would be appreciated.

Thanks for the input (let me know if you want a watercooling setup!)
-jkpq45
 
"box type" cases will work like the Micro Fly and others. The shuttle cases don't take ATX PSUs.

For 754 you can look at the recommended motherboards on the FAQ thread. I actually might sell a few as well if you need one :p
 
You read my mind and I am in a similar situation. I am building my girlfriend a SFF system and decided to go with one of the cube type cases for those exact reasons. Standard size psu is definitely a plus along withe being able to use a micro atx board. I was going to upgrade a Shuttle that I already have but proprietary equipment is so expensive and not always easy to find. I really like the Shuttles but the proprietary equipment is kind of their downfall. I don't want to have to build a new system whenever I want to do some upgrading. The cube type cases are also not very expensive although they don't come with a mobo. Anyways , that's my $.02. Hope it helps.:p
 
Back
Top