Need some advice on tweaking a firewall to allow a program through

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
I set up a endian firewall and I've been doing some playing around with it. One thing that I noticed is that I can no longer access streaming content from winamp. I really like Gaming FM and few other shoutcast streams and I need help figuring out what I need to open up or allow.

I have done some searching on winamp's forums without much success. Can you use a program like nmap or something else to see what winamp is doing?

You could try using wireshark to find out what ports its using and then set firewall rules accordingly.

You could try using wireshark to find out what ports its using and then set firewall rules accordingly.
I used that and was able to find the ports I needed. Unfortunately, it looks like that is only a partial solution. I was only able to set it up to access a single stream. I'm going to have to do some work to find the range that winamp uses.

Turn off your OUTGOING firewall and see if your problems go away. If they do,and you want to cintinue to use the outgoing firewall, then you need to find the right ports/port range to allow.

Back