Need some advice on onboard vs dedicated please?

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
Motherboard I just bought is a nice little Asus.. its got built in ATI HD 3400 graphics that shares my board memory. Ive got 8gb of G.SKILL 1066 DDR2 with 5-5-5-15. Onboard can access up to 512mb of my system memory.

Now.. as a secondary graphics source, isn't it a better choice then a dedicated card ATI chipset and manufactured 1950 Pro w/ 256mb?

Just wanting to make sure. if I don't have to connect another card then I'd rather save the space AND the heat generation

Little bit of everything.. I play games daily, its the server for my wireless hub, and I'm constantly downloading TV from various countries. I also do some photo editing. Constantly on the web.. basicly, its going to be doing a LOT.

Mind you, this will be support for my 3rd monitor, as my primary graphics is an Asus TOP 3870, running a 24" BENQ, and a 20.1 Sceptre.

I just want to kow which is going to perform better.. the onboard or a ati 1950 Pro with 256mb?

I'd hazard a guess that the onboard 3400 might be your best bet. You could probably run hybrid CF with the 3870.

Back