• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some advice on a replacement card

LabRat

2[H]4U
Joined
May 11, 2000
Messages
3,973
I need to replace the 5200FX on my wife's Dell (pcie 16x). The psu is only 300watt. I can upgrade the psu if necessary, but I would rather not. Would an ATI 4670 such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277 be a suitable replacement? She only plays Guild Wars (a 4 year old game). Is there a better choice out there in the sub-$100 range?

Sorry if this is a well-worn question. I've been away from these things for a few years now.

Thanks,
LR
 
Any modern low end card is going to perform much better than the FX5200 you're replacing, so yes, the 4670 would be more than adequate if the 5200 was ok. I'm not up to speed on the lower end cards so i can't really give you any alternatives to the 4670.
 
4670 is a good upgrade choice for lower power systems like that. It's a heck of a lot faster than that 5200FX.
 
The FX5200 is one of the slowest PCIE graphics card ever made.
 
Back
Top