• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some advice on a build

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
ok so here's what I have so far
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=875634

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=888715

BIG problem is fitting that NV5silencer in the ARIA. Are the custom case covers which allow for it(i can't find any sites) or is it a custom design issue?

and a 120gb 7200 rpm maxtor

what cpu/mem combo should I go with? I want something that allows the gpu to git after it but
not spend a fortune on it.

oh and a dvd/cd drive that's quiet?
ty very excited about my first sff
 
Glad to see that you are finally getting your SFF together :D

To answer you question I must first ask you two questions.

1. How much is 'not a fortune'
2. Do you plan to OC?
 
let's say I can spend the money but just want enough to get as much as possible out of the 6800. Speaking of which. Jewball is the gpu cutout on ur old machine custom or store bought b/c I'm not sure that NV5 silencer is gonna fit in an aria. oy yeah and i plan to oc like to 2.4 from a 2.0 or 2.6 from a 2.2 and 220-240fsb.
 
Lite-on drives tend to be pretty quiet, and they also tend to be a bit shorter than other drives, which can help with SFF.
 
Between the 3000+ and the 3200+ I would get the 3200+ for that extra multiplier. But that is just me.

That cut-out on my old system was a custom job. It was done with an old barely working dremel. It was a pain to say the least....but it turned out to be one of the best modding idea's I have ever had. Worked amazingly well.
 
dremel dremel dremel i made u out of clay...oh wait nm. yeah that's what I thought. and u just had to sell it :p
 
Back
Top