Need some advice on 2 new games

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking of picking up a new strategy game and im stuck between Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, & Warhammer 40k dawn of war 2 + expansion. Looks like both games got about the same reviews on meta. Any suggestions on which to get? Both look and sound fun.

Looking for more info..

yeah was reading a review earlier and the reviewer said the same thing..:-/

I really enjoyed Dawn of War 2 & Chaos Rising. Retribution seemed quite repetitive when each faction/race plays through the same storyline.

SoaSE: Trinity is a 4X RTS that is online multiplayer only though (from what I understand).

I really enjoyed Dawn of War 2 & Chaos Rising. Retribution seemed quite repetitive when each faction/race plays through the same storyline.

SoaSE: Trinity is a 4X RTS that is online multiplayer only though (from what I understand).

You can play Sins in single player against AI. There's just no campaign.

This. It's more like the old MOO games with respect to this; no campaign, just a new system to conquer! :)

Playing a multi-galaxy skirmish against a full load of AI can seem like an extended campaign sometimes. Also, there are tons of quality mods for SoaSE to include Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Battlestar Galactica. Very good community support all around. It was a shame that DoW 2 did not have that kind of mod support.

Back