Hi,
I red graysky oc guide (really helpful, tnx). and started to push my system pass 3GHz that it has run over a year now. But I ran into some strange problems when pushing my oc even further. The thin is that when I only OC my CPU then it runs stable without a problem (so i think the memory is giving me some problems). I used these settings ->
360x9 cpu volt -> 1.325v (or 400mhz x9 so my memory would run 1:1)
NB v -> 1.3v,
SB v ->1.10v,
VTT -> 1.3v
C1E -> disabled.
The memory was out of the equation so it ran about ~760 or smth. Everything was fine. I passed the OCCT 3.1 stress test every time. The temperatures where OK etc (ran prime for 3h etc without problems). But when I started to push the ram I started having strange behaver. Even when I ran my ram @ stock settings witch is 800MHz 5-5-5-12 (or 15) @ 2.1v. The problem is that when I run OCCT 3.1 it passes the stress test. But when I reboot the system after the first test and start a new OCCT run afther the reboot it freezes in the end or shows that there has been an error in Core X (it doenst matter, sometimes it tells me 0, sometimes 1 etc).
Can someone help and tell me what am I doing wrong? I even had random freeze after the 2nd run has finished. My cpu temp doesn't go over 65c and memory, chipset is cooled by a fan (under 50c). I have been messing with this thig for few days now but every time the first OCCT run is stable and finishes without errors but when I reboot and then run it again it fails for some reason or freezes (usually when OCCT idles and theres 1:50 or something like that time left).
my system ->
Q6600 G0 Prolimatech megahalems + noctua 120mm
Asus P5Q Deluxe
A-data Gaming Series 4GB (2x2GB) 5-5-5-12
G285 BFG OC Edition
Corsair HX850w
Creative XtremeMusic
Hitachi HDD
I red graysky oc guide (really helpful, tnx). and started to push my system pass 3GHz that it has run over a year now. But I ran into some strange problems when pushing my oc even further. The thin is that when I only OC my CPU then it runs stable without a problem (so i think the memory is giving me some problems). I used these settings ->
360x9 cpu volt -> 1.325v (or 400mhz x9 so my memory would run 1:1)
NB v -> 1.3v,
SB v ->1.10v,
VTT -> 1.3v
C1E -> disabled.
The memory was out of the equation so it ran about ~760 or smth. Everything was fine. I passed the OCCT 3.1 stress test every time. The temperatures where OK etc (ran prime for 3h etc without problems). But when I started to push the ram I started having strange behaver. Even when I ran my ram @ stock settings witch is 800MHz 5-5-5-12 (or 15) @ 2.1v. The problem is that when I run OCCT 3.1 it passes the stress test. But when I reboot the system after the first test and start a new OCCT run afther the reboot it freezes in the end or shows that there has been an error in Core X (it doenst matter, sometimes it tells me 0, sometimes 1 etc).
Can someone help and tell me what am I doing wrong? I even had random freeze after the 2nd run has finished. My cpu temp doesn't go over 65c and memory, chipset is cooled by a fan (under 50c). I have been messing with this thig for few days now but every time the first OCCT run is stable and finishes without errors but when I reboot and then run it again it fails for some reason or freezes (usually when OCCT idles and theres 1:50 or something like that time left).
my system ->
Q6600 G0 Prolimatech megahalems + noctua 120mm
Asus P5Q Deluxe
A-data Gaming Series 4GB (2x2GB) 5-5-5-12
G285 BFG OC Edition
Corsair HX850w
Creative XtremeMusic
Hitachi HDD
Last edited: